Translate

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Class Discusion Magazines

I didn't realize magazines had changed as much as they did. I just assumed they had always been aimed toward niche audiences. I thought the magazine lecture was really interesting because it changed the way I think of magazines. I thought they were just a form of entertainment only, but they we're actually very influential to journalism. They left room in their stories for photo journalism and personality profiles. I think that's really cool because those things weren't used in the newspaper because of lack of space. I also thought it was cool that they did a lot of investigative reporting. They  dug deep and "raked through the muck" to get the best information for their stories. I have a lot more respect for magazines now because of this lecture.

No comments:

Post a Comment